Pages

8 December 2015

Just Desserts

A recent end of year dinner meant I was asked to provided dessert.

Those taking part included a number of us who know each other well, and new friend and three recently arrived short term visitors from China.

As I though about what i would prepare I set about thinking of the guest.

I assembled together a number of fresh ingredients, including a variety of berries, some ingredients out of the 'fridge, which had been opened and partially used and some items I had recently been given as a gift, along with some fresh basil and mint from the garden.

I set about preparing the dessert, which was assembled in a glass measuring jug.
Some ingredients were place carefully, others randomly and others were 'forced' into place.

The resulting item would not win any awards for presentation, nor for great culinary skill.

It may however inspire those at the table, if they took the time to think about it, at how it represent the group and how we see Christmas.

Perhaps it was 'lost' on them, I may never know, and you will never know what the mix of ingredients tasted like!!

Thanks Brad Hodge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation with kindness.