Pages

3 February 2015

Yackandandah

What or where is Yackandandah I hear  you ask??!!

Nestled in thew country side of Northeast Victoria Australia, a small town with two pubs, mind you many years ago it had three, but, i digress.
This rural town was my home in the early 60's and 70's, and a place where family still live in the close vicinity of.
It holds many memories, some pleasant, some not so.


My partner and I  recently returned for a brief visit, to see family and as is our tradition it included a visit to a local cafe for coffee and food.

After placing our orders, and our coffee cups were long empty, an hour had past, we were wondering if the ingredients for our meal were being freshly harvested, baked or purchased from the local stores!!

At the prompting of The Ruth (my partner in crime) I decided to approach the young person,who as fate would have it was no in charge of taking orders!! Before I could get my request out for the whereabouts of the seemingly elusive order, a person sporting chefs attire, met me at our table.

I explained our order, which had been placed over an hour earlier had not made it to our table.

I need to explain that I worked in the hospitality industry from 1974 through to 1999, and whilst not a difficult customer by nature, did wonder how our simple and straight forward order had seemingly been overlooked!!
It also needs to be said I at no stage became, irritated, irrational or grumpy!! rather composed and calm.

What happened next showed the team at the cafe understood how to manage what could have been a difficult situation.
No excuses or blame was made, no promises of money back or special treatment, just resolving the issue of the absent food, and a round of drinks (coffee) delivered post haste!!

We will visit again without hesitation, not because it was 'perfect' rather because they made good and were allowed to make good.
There is something in that for us all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation with kindness.